- Location : This role can be based anywhere in Canada
Parkinson Canada is the definitive voice for the Parkinson’s community in Canada. Our purpose is to transform the lives of people living with Parkinson’s. We do this through research leading to better treatments and the end of Parkinson’s, advocacy bringing the voices of Parkinson’s to the forefront and support that helps people live well with Parkinson’s through education and services.
A national registered charity, Parkinson Canada operates through the generosity of donors and is an accredited organization under the Imagine Canada Standards Program.
As a Parkinson Canada Employee, we believe in being:
- Bold by embracing new ideas and confidently taking action.
- Compassionate by striving always to walk in the shoes of those we serve.
- Collaborative by working cooperatively with all stakeholders so that together we can achieve more.
- Trustworthy by keeping our word and always doing what we promise.
What we need
This role will put Parkinson Canada on the map, and for positioning the organization as a charity of choice among Canadians affected by Parkinson’s. With a donor centric lens, the Senior Manager, Marketing and Stakeholder Engagement is responsible for managing and promoting the Parkinson Canada brand in all mediums to target audience groups. This role leads the public positioning of Parkinson Canada’s programs and services in a way that encourages financial support and engagement with the organization.
Specific accountabilities relate to management of Parkinson Canada’s owned media properties as part of a broader digital ecosystem, distribution of programs, services and materials with a digital first mindset, and ownership of constituent acquisition and journey alongside the organization’s fundraising lead.
Please note, this role can be based anywhere in Canada. Don’t miss the opportunity to join our team!
Strategic Marketing and Communications
- You will develop and manage Parkinson Canada’s strategic marketing and communication plan and achieve measurable targets to support strategic initiatives
- You will oversee the organizations’ value proposition in a variety of formats and channels improving brand recognition and engagement
- You will partner with the VP Marketing and Fundraising to develop Parkinson Canada branding territory
- You will lead all Parkinson Canada initiatives as presented through digital/web, marketing collateral, and other organization materials.
- You will develop a new digital strategy and strategically develop and/or manage the marketing and communications plans to align with national strategy and ensue achievement of planned revenue targets.
- You will lead stakeholder acquisition through all channels in collaboration with fundraising program leads
- You will research and execute marketing opportunities to direct and co-branded marketing, stakeholder acquisition, and retention programs.
- You will facilitate and implement a corporate communications strategy
Corporate Communications Materials & Events
- You will oversee the development of all Parkinson Canada communications materials and provide expertise on branding materials, applications, and implementation of brand assets
- You will manage key Parkinson Canada events and support with proactive brand management strategies to other events as required
- You will oversee the ongoing development of Parkinson Canada website
- You will oversee corporate communication campaigns and budget
- You will lead the Manager, Digital Engagement in developing social media strategy and initiatives
- You will lead communications staff and internal content owners to provide direction on web content for multiple online assets
- You will manage the development of a proactive media relations strategy to enhance Parkinson Canada presence on local, provincial (as appropriate), national and international levels
- You will lead the Manager, Communications design the media relations strategy
- You will develop proactive and reactive responses for media on issues as needed
- You will cultivate and maintain relationships with key publics and media; organize media tours and special events
Leadership and Team
- You will provide communications and marketing counsel to Executive Team and other Parkinson Canada business units
- You will work prepares and monitors strategic plan, annual plan and budget; develops annual budget and operating plan for Corporate Communication department
- Demonstrates Parkinson Canada’s values in all interactions with stakeholders
- You will manage all direct reports including performance, workforce planning, training, and coaching
What is needed to succeed in this role
You have a post-secondary degree in related field (e.g., marketing, communications);
Join a team that celebrates diversity and inclusion and values work-life balance. We offer comprehensive benefits, generous time-off and vacation and opportunities to make a difference. If you are passionate about applying your knowledge, skills and experience to improve the lives of Canadians living with Parkinson’s, then this role is for you! Please send your résumé and cover letter in confidence, stating salary expectations by 5:00 pm EST on February 5, 2021.
Please quote Reference #SMMSE - 0121
Parkinson Canada is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Parkinson Canada is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to pass a standard Criminal Record Check.