Become a Parkinson’s Ambassador!
Parkinson Canada is currently recruiting representatives from federal & provincial ridings across Canada to join our Ambassador Network. We are looking for motivated individuals to help move Parkinson’s issues forward. You can be a champion in your community by being the voice for Canadians with Parkinson’s!
What do Parkinson’s Ambassadors do?
- Parkinson’s Ambassadors will participate in national, provincial and pan-Canadian government relations and advocacy initiatives
- Parkinson’s Ambassadors will have the opportunity to inform of local issues and learn more about our ongoing initiatives
- Parkinson’s Ambassadors will be part of a comprehensive national network of volunteers across the country
Throughout the Year
- We will help connect Parkinson’s Ambassadors with their local representative in their riding to discuss issues impacting the Parkinson’s community
- We will be fully supporting Parkinson’s Ambassadors with election training, prepared messaging, briefings on policy priorities and ongoing guidance throughout the campaign
- Parkinson’s Ambassadors may also choose to get involved in other advocacy initiatives at the national and regional levels
What is expected from Parkinson’s Ambassadors?
Access to a Computer and Telephone
- We will be communicating and providing materials to Parkinson’s Ambassadors mainly by email
- Parkinson’s Ambassadors will participate in training sessions via webinar and teleconference
- Parkinson’s Ambassadors will meet with their local representative in their riding
- Parkinson’s Ambassadors will participate in 1-2 hour-long training sessions via webinar and teleconference to prepare for these meetings
- Parkinson’s Ambassadors will provide feedback from meetings to we for follow-up
I want to get involved, but am worried about the level of commitment. Can I still be a Parkinson’s Ambassador?
We will tailor the position to meet each person’s needs and availability to ensure all interested applicants can support our advocacy efforts in any way they can.
Whether you are a person living with Parkinson’s, a caregiver to someone with the disease or simply want to help advance the cause, we encourage anyone who wants to make a difference for Canadians affected by Parkinson’s to join our advocacy network.
Where can I get more information?
If you are interested in being a Parkinson’s Ambassador or have further questions about this opportunity, please contact us by email at Advocacy@Parkinson.ca, or by phone at 1-800-565-3000 ext. 3343.