Parkinson Canada is the voice of Canadians living with Parkinson’s disease. From diagnosis to discovery. You can count on us to be there at every step of your Parkinson’s journey. We provide education and services to support you, your family and your health team, online, by telephone and in person.
Parkinson Canada advocates with federal, provincial and territorial governments on issues that matter to the Parkinson’s community in Canada. The Parkinson Canada Research Program funds innovative research to search for better treatments and a cure. Parkinson Canada is an Imagine Canada accredited organization.
A better life today for People Living with Parkinson’s; a world without Parkinson’s tomorrow.
Our mission is to transform the lives of People Living with Parkinson’s. We do this through:
- Research leading to the end of Parkinson’s
- Advocacy bringing the voices of Parkinson’s to the forefront
- Support helping people living with Parkinson’s live well through education.
As we carry out our mission and strive to achieve our goals, we will always be true to our core values. We believe in being:
- Bold by embracing new ideas and confidently taking action.
- Compassionate by striving always to walk in the shoes of those we serve.
- Collaborative by working cooperatively with all stakeholders so that together we can achieve more.
- Trustworthy by keeping our word and always doing what we promise.
Whether you live with Parkinson’s and want to attend an education event in your community; or you are a caregiver needing support and advice, welcome to Parkinson.ca. Family members, those seeking credible information to understand what your new diagnosis means, and health professionals looking for resources to share with patients about the disease and treatments – we have something unique for each of you.